Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Blog on the spot: Have a Good Hair Day!

NOTE:  I am trying something new here: blogging from my mobile phone, on the spot.  Pardon the spelling errors etc. as the autocorrect on my mobile can sometimes create embarassing corrections.  Blog from: Lather Salon, Aspen Colorado.

Photo by MJ/TR (*w*)
'Bout time I made it in for a cut and color. My grey roots are getting so prolific, I am skunking up the place.  This is my issue with regular beauty regime maintenance: Where does the time go? I had been doing so well booking appointments in advance, thus preventing the embarrassing root grow in.  Except last time a friend was coming in when I was going out, and I spaced the 6 week rescheduling. It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't so grey...I would be seriously more salt than pepper if I were to go au natural.

This is my first blog on the spot...literally I am sitting under the hair dryer as I write this, frantically typing with both thumbs on a minature keyboard...I need to work on my two thumb typing technique. So I am not seeing my usual hair dresser lady...I lost access to her schedule due to my incompetent scheduling.   She is right beside me whilst I see another stylist but she seems okay with it and is even talking to me.   Oddly I don't think she has a problem with it.  I wonder if we really need to worry about betraying our hair stylists after all?

I was able to get into the owner's schedule, a tall strapping gentleman, well dressed and obviously fashion concious...he's supposed.to be better at cutting hair anyway right?  After all he does own the place.  I find him uncomfortably attractive. He is wearing a short sleeve, plaid button down, which he has rolled further up his rippling biceps, creating a perfectly creased cuff.  He is wearing some sort of designer navy dress pant with a cool belt, hugging his svelt waist.  His hair is long and wispy, almost sultry.    He even has one of those facial tufts under his bottom lip, I guess it's called a "Soul Patch".   Whenever I see those I can't help but think the man sporting it grows it solely for oral sex.  (I really do think that).  Overall he is a lot to look at!

Whew...this is a whole new experience.  I admit to getting a little tongue tied around attractive men..so the usual salon banter has left me.  I feel conspicuously underdressed: sneakers and capris. (I was at the golf course prior to my appointment).   My legs are fuzzy, the right-before-waxing hairy (how do women make it through this period of transition before waxing without grossing everyone out?)  We make some small talk, but I am off my game...trying too hard to be interesting, in a place where I am sure he meets many interesting people.

He did a great job with my hair, and he and my stylist compare notes.  He commented that it is good to have two stylist, so that if one of them were unavailable, I wouldn't just desparately run to the Cost Cutters down the street.  I suppose he has a point.  I was desperate and lucked out with the fabio-esque owner.  When I left, I remembered to reschedule, this time with my regular stylist.  I admit, I just don't feel as relaxed when a hot, metro guy is massaging my scalp!

No comments: